[Freeswitch-users] uuid_fileman seek ms

Tamas.Cseke cstomi.levlist at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 16:39:32 MSK 2013

Hello,

I'd like to seek a playback by ms.

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_commands

  * seek:<+[samples]>|<-[samples]>

"Samples are the literally the number of samples in the file to jump
forward or backward. In an 8kHz file, 8000 samples would represent one
second, in a 16kHz file 16000 samples would be one second, etc."

switch_ivr.c
samps = step * (codec->implementation->samples_per_second / 1000);

wiki says it is done by samples, but I checked the code
and I think its in ms.

Is it a documentation bug?
I also don't understand why the codec sample rate is used
It is not a problem, if the file sample rate is different?

I'd like to make a seek in conference
(http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FS-5211)
I used the conference sample rate there, but I think its not correct
only if the file rate matches the conference rate
Could you please explain me how it should work?

Thanks in advance,
Tamas Cseke