[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH on Raspberry Pi - OpenVPN gateway, B2BUA

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Wed Mar 27 13:19:25 MSK 2013

While not necessarily being much faster for compiling, I found you can
build raspbian packages using the debian package stuff by using qemu on
another computer. If you want to build raspbian packages I found that on
my raspberrypi (a model B with 512MB of RAM) that it ran out of memory
(I believe it happened in the earlier stages where it was getting the
various source and either extracting or packing it into a source
archive) and to use swap files is very slow and probably not good for
the SD card anyway, qemu does overcome these limits.

I know that cross compiling might be faster but I never found enough
information out there to help me get such a system up and running and I
was unsure whether this would lead to a system where I could compile a
raspbian package using the debian stuff of freeswitch. Qemu was
relatively simple to set up (I think I mainly used a wiki page from the
raspberrypi section of elinux.org).

Michael Whapples