[Freeswitch-users] Inband DTMF

Nathan Sullivan nathan at nightsys.net
Wed Mar 27 06:09:41 MSK 2013

Hey Guys,

I am just dealing with a SIP device that only sends and receives DTMF as
inband, and just trying to get the configuration correct. Currently we have
it working fine for inbound DTMF or outbound DTMF on a single leg, but not
both.

For outbound calls (from us), start_dtmf_generate is how we do it now, i
believe that only generates inband events to send to the B party when it
receives RFC2833/INFO from the A party, correct?

For inbound calls (to us), we go start_dtmf to listen for inband DTMF from
them on the A party side and send RFC2833/INFO out the B party side,
correct?

Theres a comment on
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Misc._Dialplan_Tools_start_dtmf about not
using the two together, as they cause an audio loop inside FS. Is there any
other way to get bidirectional DTMF working there...?

Regards, Nathan.