[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch + MSSQL

Dave R. Kompel drk at drkngs.net
Tue Mar 26 21:37:52 MSK 2013

The DSN is only for freeswitch internal data, and some of the apps. There is no native options in freeswitch to use a database for users, call routing etc...

Setting up a DSN will work just fine to move the internal SQLite data into MSSQL, but that really won't buy you much for the other applications.

If you want to replace config (Directlry, Dialplan, other config...) you have a few options.

Use mod_xml_curl, and do it real time w/ HTTP and an external app.

Use one of the scriptiong languages that allow you to configure a script to run to generate the XML on the fly.

Or on winodws a very easy method (if you can code in C# or VB) would be to write a plugin that can be loaded by MOD_MANAGED to convert stuff in your database to real-time configuraton. (in C# this could be done in as few as 10 lines of code) This would allow you to connect to any DB for anything.

Since two of the things that are very easy in C#, reading databases, and generating XML, and the ease of converting a database record to XML in a single line of code (LINQ syntax) this is a very easy option to get started.

--Dave
      _____