[Freeswitch-users] Major Wiki updates for OS X

Lawrence Conroy lconroy at insensate.co.uk
Mon Mar 25 02:31:05 MSK 2013

OK ... let's try that again, only this time hitting the right buttons §-/

Hi there,
 Nope. Not for me; from a user perspective, maybe.
but ... I'm trying to get portaudio to work on ML. To do that, I really need to know exactly what's on the machine, where, what they do and how they interact.

Looking at the output of fS's bootstrap.sh, configure and make is a long process; these are all "just build scripts", but they aren't exactly terse.
I'd have to examine what homebrew did, where everything was, and what symbolic links it put where.

I've been that way before with fink and macports. They were fine for just installing and running packages.
 ... but I found them a PITA when trying to develop.
YMMV.

Having just managed to get portaudio working on my MBP for the first time on ML, installing via homebrew would not have helped me to get it working.
Now to work out why the upstream stable (when poured into freeswitch/libs/portaudio), isn't installing libportaudio.2.dylib into /usr/local/freeswitch, and I'm done.

all the best,
  Lawrence