[Freeswitch-users] How to generate message waiting dialtone with pots

Trever L. Adams trever.adams at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 21:02:42 MSK 2013

On 03/22/2013 11:40 AM, Steven Schoch wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 9:43 AM, Trever L. Adams
> <trever.adams at gmail.com <mailto:trever.adams at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Can FreeSWITCH generate the waivering tone?
>

> IIUC, FreeSWITCH does not generate the dialtone.  The VoIP phone will
> do that itself, and an ATA will generate it for a analog (POTS) phone.
>  Your message wasn't clear if you are using VoIP phones, or an ATA
> (analog telephone adapter) with analog phones.  A VoIP phone will
> "subscribe" with FreeSWITCH to a MWI login, and FreeSWITCH will send
> it a message whenever the number of messages waiting changes.  In
> response, the VoIP phone will light the MWI and will play a stuttering
> dialtone when the handset is picked up.
>
> According to http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/MWI "...most ATA
> <http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/ATA>'s support stutter dial-tone."
>
> --
> Steve
Thank you Steve. I am not using an ATA. I am using opvxa1200+
e159:0001 OpenVox A800P. So, unfortunately, I do not believe the MWI
stutter tone is done by the hardware (DAHDI/FreeTDM). I do not believe
this card can send the MWI light signal as stated.

Thank you,
Trever
--
"...the measure of a man is what he will do for another man, knowing he
will get nothing in return." -- Unknown