[Freeswitch-users] inband DTMF bleeding through

Matt Broad matt at inveroak.com
Fri Mar 22 20:16:22 MSK 2013

Hi Trever,

I don't think so, it seems that that jira is for a non-SIP based setup.

My "issue" is that when calling a PSTN number from a mobile/landline phone,
which gets delivered by SIP to my FreeSwitch server and then routed out to
another PSTN number (via the same provider). When either party presses a
digit, the other end hears the tone. The tone is not the whole tone just a
fraction of it, maybe half a second, but enough to tell the difference when
different keys are pressed.  The key can be held for a long period, say 3
seconds, but you will only hear the "bleeding".

I have drop_dtmf set to true on both channels (set and export), but I'm not
sure if this would make any difference anyway as the tone is being sent
out-of-band.

It might also be worth noting that I don't get any duplication of tones.
Pressing 123 will always receive 123 and not 112233.

thanks
Matt

--
Thanks
Matt

This email and any attachments to it are confidential and are intended
represent those of InverOak Limited.

any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please
contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error.

This email including any attachments cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure
or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost,
destroyed, out-dated, or containing viruses. The sender therefore does not
message which arise as a result of email transmission.

InverOak Limited is a company registered in England & Wales under company
number 04529594, whose registered address is Old Barn house, 2 Wannions
Close, Botley, Chesham, Buckinghamshire, HP5 1YA, United Kingdom.