[Freeswitch-users] Major Wiki updates for OS X

Mario M Guzman mario_fs at mgtech.com
Fri Mar 22 17:57:59 MSK 2013

Posting here for interested parties and in case someone searches for OS X here.

I finally completed the long over due major update to my original OS X FreeSwitch installation guide from Oct 2010 which had 16,725 hits since then (surprised me). Sorry about the delay but it was a lot of work testing and "life events" got in the way, also some FreeSwitch bugs had to be squashed first. So it took months instead of weeks. I changed the main install Guides to point to the new OS X page. Oh, yes… every single OS X step was tested as well as all the links in the pages since many were updated. FreeSwitch prerequisites are much easier to install on OS X than in 2010!
Mario G

Changes to the Replacement OS X Page
The OS X Installation page has a new name:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Installation_and_Setup_on_OS_X
	* No longer release dependent
	* Removed installation of prerequisites and FreeSwitch
	* Now uses Homebrew for prerequisites
	* Fixes to allow all things to work on 10.8 through 10.6
	* Many minor edits to enhance or bring info up to date.

New Pages
OS X 10.8 installation of prerequisites and FreeSwitch
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Installation_on_OS_X_10.8_Mountain_Lion

OS X 10.7 installation of prerequisites and FreeSwitch
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Installation_on_OS_X_10.7_Lion

OS X 10.6 installation of prerequisites and FreeSwitch
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Installation_on_OS_X_10.6_Snow_Leopard
	* Major changes to the prerequisite installation procedure, now uses Homebrew.
	* Major changes due to Apple removing Command Line Tools for 10.6

OS X Installation Alternatives illustrates how to "hand install" prerequisites:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Installation_on_OS_X_Alternatives
NOTE; This is the place to add MacPorts doc if someone wants that there is a placeholder.
Other installation types can be added here as well.

Old/Deleted Page
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Installation_and_Tips_for_Mac_OS_X
	* Comments with link to new page (tried to do timer redirect but I don't know how on the wiki)