[Freeswitch-users] java-esl-client

Joel Dodson jdodson at acm.org
Thu Mar 21 09:00:03 MSK 2013

Hi,

I'm looking at the various ways to control a freeswitch instance from a
java program.  The event-socket interface looks like it does what we need.
And I've looked into using the Java-ESL-Client.

I haven't found a whole lot of documentation or recent discussion around
the ESL-Client (looked on the freeswitch wiki, googled it and the mail list
archives), and the last checkin to freeswitch-contrib was in Aug, 2010.  Is
the ESL-Client widely used by java developers needing to interface with
freeswitch?

I've downloaded the code from git.freeswitch.org and it's nice looking code
and decently commented.  Is the lack of activity an indication it's really
stable and the event-socket interface hasn't changed much recently?  Or has
the project lost steam?

thanks,
Joel