[Freeswitch-users] Removing echo.

Yossi Neiman mishehu at freeswitch.org
Tue Mar 19 20:47:17 MSK 2013

On 03/19/2013 02:32 AM, Steve Underwood wrote:
> On 03/19/2013 10:24 AM, Sean Devoy wrote:
>> Hey Anthony,
>>
>> Does that mean PBXMate is not worth investigating?
>>
>> I have to disagree here. Placing the blame entirely on the phones at
>> the other end doesn’t hold water for me. I have had echo problems
>> calling from my cell phone when leaving a voice mail on FS where there
>> is no phone at the other end. So clearly there are situations where it
>> ain’t just the phone at the other end. It also leaves no explanation
>> why Cisco Phones and Linksys ATAs don’t have the same problem with
>> Commercial Venders like Vonage. They don’t have anything different at
>> the end of the line for echo cancellation then FS does. I have also
>> had users confirm they are still getting echo with the microphone
>> MUTED on my end.
>>

> If you want to understand why a call from a cell phone to an FS server,
> leaving a voice mail, might result in you hearing echo, you'll have to
> describe the path between you and the FS server.
>
> Steve

In fact, to add to what Steve said, sometimes when I make cellphone to
cellphone calls completely independent of FS and any other
infrastructure under my own control I hear echo.

One of the most common causes of echo in my own personal experience is
caused by volumes and microphone sensitivity being set too high.

-Yossi