[Freeswitch-users] Default vs Public context

Nathan Neulinger nneul at mst.edu
Tue Mar 19 15:05:55 MSK 2013

Which profile did you connect to with XLite - i.e. if you connected to the :5080 port, it will get you the public
context, which is what you'd want for an unauthenticated external user, not an internal authenticated registration.

The public vs default is essentially a firewall/gatekeeper to prevent a public/inward SIP call from being able to "dial"
an extension such as "1###-###-####" and make a toll call. You also might have a setup where your extensions are not
supposed to be publicly accessible.

Make sure you're connecting XLite to :5060 or other port that is mapped to your default sip profile.

-- Nathan

Nathan Neulinger                       nneul at mst.edu
Missouri S&T Information Technology    (573) 612-1412
System Administrator - Architect