[Freeswitch-users] Removing echo.

Mimiko vbvbrj at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 10:10:57 MSK 2013

On 19.03.2013 01:29, Anthony Minessale wrote:
> Sip soft phones are basically toys unless they have some kind of
> advanced gain and echo controls on your pc because that is where your
> mic is and could have the vol turned up too high etc.
>
>  From FS perspective in the middle, we can't tell its echo or not
> because we are just passing the data along and we're typically getting
> it 30-70 ms too late.

Anthony. Of course not the server FS or Skype or other is doing echo
cancellation. Skype client, for example, has a option to disable echo
cancellation in client.

On 19.03.2013 02:18, Steve Underwood wrote:> The sad thing is some
signal engineers
 > have approached this from the other end, and built a fairly well
 > engineered soft phone with a very poor UI. People rarely look at those,
 > because they aren't pretty.

That's why I asked about some SIP clients, let them be bad UI, but with
echo cancellation.

--
Mimiko desu.