[Freeswitch-users] SaltStack + deployment techniques

Henry Huang red.rain.seven at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 09:36:27 MSK 2013

It's the first time I hear about SaltStack. Can you briefly explain why is
it better than Puppet or Chef. I would pick Chef out of the 2 because it's
using Ruby natively and is being adapted by Amazon AWS. So if you ever need
some kind of hybrid architecture to run production or development servers
on AWS, you will spend minimal effort for deploying those given that you
can reuse your Chef cookbooks.

Henry