[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH Sometimes Doesn't Fire Custom Event

Zoltan Medveczky zoltan.medveczky at 8x8.com
Thu Mar 7 05:21:52 MSK 2013

Hi,

I'm encountering an issue where FS on occasion doesn't seem to dispatch a
custom event from the dial plan.  I would estimate that this occurs on
average approximately once in every 15 calls.

Here is the dial plan extension in question:

    <extension name="null_fwd2queue19">
        <condition field="destination_number"
expression="^(null_fwd2queue19)$">
            <action application="set" data="CheckAgent=no" />
            <action application="set" data="CheckAgentLoggedIn=no" />
            <action application="set" data="CheckLoad=no" />
            <action application="set" data="MaxLoad=null" />
            <action application="set"
data="LongestWaitingTimePermitted=null" />
            <action application="set" data="MaxWait=null" />
            <action application="set" data="QueueName=null" />
            <action inline="true" application="event"
data="Event-Subclass=Global_Reach::QueueCall,Event-Name=CUSTOM,GR_CallState=CallQueued"
/>
            <action application="playback" data="local_stream://moh" />
        </condition>
    </extension>

And here is the normal sequence of events received by the client
application which is connected to the event socket in inbound mode:

    CHANNEL_ANSWER
    CUSTOM
    PLAYBACK_START

When the issue occurs, the sequence is the following:

    CHANNEL_ANSWER
    PLAYBACK_START

This would seem to imply that the event queue is not getting blocked since
the client app does receive all events subsequent to the CUSTOM event.

It's not clear to me at this point if the event is not getting queued at
all or if it is simply not being sent out on the event socket.  I've
started to debug the issue and have determined that it is at least getting
as far as the call to "switch_event::switch_fire_event_detailed()" in
"mod_dptools".

It's probably worth mentioning that the dial plan XML is being loaded
dynamically for each call via a Lua script as opposed to a static
configuration file.

Here are the details on the environment where I'm able to reproduce the
issue:

    FS Version: 1.2.5.3
    OS:             RHEL 5.8 (Tikanga)
    Kernel:        2.6.18-308.el5
    CPU:           x86_64

Please let me know if you require any additional environmental
information.  I will amend this ticket as I uncover more data points.

Thanks in advance...

Cheers,
- Zoltan