[Freeswitch-users] building via Debian packages build script

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Sat Jun 29 00:35:16 MSD 2013

On 06/27/2013 04:03 AM, Steven Ayre wrote:
> What other steps did you take other than that buildscript?
>
> mod_spidermonkey isn't built by the debian packages by default.
>
> For the record the buildscript appears to work just fine on Wheezy, although I haven't tried adding
> mod_spidermonkey to the selected build modules yet.

The problem is I was trying to use a custom modules.conf - that was produced with the non debian
bootstrap.sh - which I had already run.

Once I found that there were prebuilt debs at:

deb http://files.freeswitch.org/repo/deb/debian/ wheezy main

I changed directions. There are a few minor issues in the deb packages:

- base_dir was wrong (missing? ) - easy fix

- The tetris was in the wrong place.

- I had to install several other packages besides what the meta packages pulled in

-  I can't figure out which package has FreeTDM ( I think I need that for a Digium, Inc. Wildcard
AEX410 4-port analog card (PCI-Express) I want to support ).

I've been putting my notes on doing this the Debian way together here:
http://wiki.xtronics.com/index.php/Freeswitch

There are probably too many packages (280 ) and the meta packages aren't right, but I very happy
that someone is trying to get this in shape to put in Debian ( it is work - but worth doing for
security reasons if nothing else.  Also, once in the Debian archive, it will feed in to ALL the
other debian based distributions - greatly expanding the number and quality of contributors)

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB http://secure.transtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434

So that the record of history is absolutely crystal clear. That there is no
alternative way, so far discovered, of improving the lot of the ordinary people
that can hold a candle to the productive activities that are unleashed by a free
enterprise system.
Milton Friedman