[Freeswitch-users] Regular announcements while queued

Brendan Ord brendan at ord.id.au
Fri Jun 28 05:10:57 MSD 2013

Hi there,

I'm relatively new to FreeSwitch, however have some experience with Cisco
call manager.  We are looking to replace our Cisco UCM/UCCX gear with a
freeswitch based callcentre.

I am having difficulty with the best practice for a particular queue feature
that we currently use - which is the ability to break out of the queue to
either voicemail or back to the reception extension, the prompt for this
plays every ~ 2 minutes.

In freeswitch I've been using mod_callcenter which seems the best practice
for this module is writing a script.  Can a script be written that can use
the ivr application, thus giving users the prompt+options on a regular
announcement however without losing their position in the queue?

The other option is mod_fifo, with the chime option that can be set.
However this only really gives us a single option to break out of the queue
(rather than opt 1 for voicemail and opt 0 back to reception).

Wondering what advice a pro would give as to which queue module is best, and
if this should be all contained in a script (that gets called by the
dialplan of the queue).

Many thanks,

Brendan