[Freeswitch-users] [Bulk] Re: att_xfer question

João Mesquita jmesquita at freeswitch.org
Thu Jun 27 21:54:58 MSD 2013

MC, this is true. IP Phones are expensive in Brazil and Argentina at least.
If I recall correctly, the cheapest one I could find in Argentina goes for
66USD + taxes (21%) from Audiocodes (the smallest model). Nonethless it is
pretty hard to find a phone/ATA these days that don't support transfers....

The only valid use case I can think of is the one I described where you
want an external application to control transfers (CTI application for
example). But then again, att_xfer contributes very little to that if you
want to have full control of it.

Open source is this exactly, we can't make everyone happy and I can see
that att_xfer is used by a very few ppl so I advocate to remove the
application entirely. Specially because where it is implemented it is very
hard to maintain and depends on the understanding of several parts of the
core. Yet another task that sits on the lap of the core devs... Anyhow,
just my 2 cents...

João Mesquita
FreeSWITCH™ Solutions