[Freeswitch-users] mod_spandsp: no modems available

Peter Steinbach lists at telefaks.de
Thu Jun 27 00:20:17 MSD 2013

Hello,

according to the Hylafax wiki page we could set up 4 modems with
Hylafax. We also used termnetd + interceptty to extend the modem
interfaces to a remote Hylafax server.
The interface works outbound: Fax from Hylafax to Freeswitch works.
However bridging an incoing fax to modem/a/a fails very often.
I we want to send a fax, right after the processes are started and
modems are connected, it always fails with "no modems available". The
same happens if we explicitely set an interface number, e.g. modem/1/a,
which is available at that time.

However, after waiting a while, we can get a call through, an available
modem is detected. It seems as if modems are detected, but they are not
considered as available. Just after some time they may be released, in
my opinion.

My questions:

  * has anybody else had this issue?
  * does anybody know, how to workaround this?
  * maybe this is some behaviour of termnetd + interceptty?
  * what's the best way to debug this? I have not seen any Freeswitch
    command for mod_spandsp.

--
With kind regards
Peter Steinbach