[Freeswitch-users] building via Debian packages build script

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Wed Jun 26 20:42:11 MSD 2013

On 06/26/2013 09:36 AM, Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd] wrote:
> I don't think the build script is compatible with wheezy yet.

That is what I'm bumping into..   Looks like 'Steve Ayre' may have been the one to create this script?

> Are you able to reproduce the same problem on master HEAD for squeeze?

I'm just starting to explore freeswitch - no longer run any squeeze machines as wheezy is now
stable. The script pulls in via this command:

git clone -b $BRANCH git://git.freeswitch.org/freeswitch.git

> Can you file a JIRA ticket for this, and test the above, and I'll take a look later.

I could - have no idea how - I'm brand new to freeswitch ( I used asterisk for a glorified answering
machine-2-email system for many years now).

The key issue is :
  error: couldn't find library libjs.so.1

It is in libplib1 which is installed

The other issue, which might be related is a huge number of warnings similar to:

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if
debian/freeswitch-mod-lua/usr/lib/freeswitch/mod/mod_lua.so was not linked against libz.so.1 (it
uses none of the library's symbols)

I'm thinking it might be related to this warning :

To help dpkg-shlibdeps find private libraries, you might need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH.