[Freeswitch-users] building via Debian packages build script

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Wed Jun 26 19:07:29 MSD 2013

Building debian packages from freeswitch is as simple as using atleast
wheezy then executing the following script

./debian/util.sh build-all -bn -z9 -v1

I suggestion something like this to checkout out the source from git

mkdir -p /usr/src/freeswitch
cd /usr/src/freeswitch
git clone git://git.freeswitch.org/freeswitch.git src
cd src
./debian/util.sh build-all -bn -z9 -v1

This will build packages for squeeze thru sid and leave them in your
/usr/src/freeswitch directory along with log and .change files

The script uses cows for building each version (both x86 and x86_64 arches)