[Freeswitch-users] DTMF tones not completely sent

Oleg Stolyar ostolyar at netflix.com
Wed Jun 26 01:35:16 MSD 2013

Hi guys,

I have a strange problem.  I am trying to use the uuid_send_dtmf  command
to send DTMF tones to a call leg initiated by Level3  (my PSTN connection
provider).

The tones are *8954.  This is a signal to the provider to transfer this
call to another PSTN destination.

It seems that the provider receives *8 but nothing after that.   I tried
putting delays between the digits with a "w" and it did not help.  After *8
nothing is sent.

When the call is connected to another call and the other caller manually
presses the same digits, everything works fine.  But for some reason it
seems that FreeSWITCH command stops sending after the first 2 digits.

In the sip profile dtmf type is set to rfc2833
<param name="dtmf-type" value="rfc2833"/>

Any ideas?

Thank you
*Oleg*