[Freeswitch-users] Problem with rtp streams and stair-stepped (or ramped) increased lag

William King william.king at quentustech.com
Tue Jun 25 04:38:36 MSD 2013

I've seen a similar issue on a small network behind a pfsense router.
Network diagram is:
Hard Phones(3+ Yealink and Polycom mix) -> switch -> PFsense -> Comcast
-> FS conferencing server.

In my case I was seeing ~10 seconds of RTP delay(tested from doing a/b
response testing), but instant sip handling. The audio was in perfect
sync coming from the conference server to the 3 endpoints.

Nathan, what version of FS are you running?

I have not yet ruled out that the issue isn't a local network problem.

William King
Senior Engineer
Quentus Technologies, INC
1037 NE 65th St Suite 273