[Freeswitch-users] mod_conference noise?

Markus von Arx mkvonarx at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 16:49:24 MSD 2013

Hi

I'm trying to set up audio conferences with mod_conference. Functionality
works fine, but I have a problem with the audio quality of the audio
conferences.

If a SIP phone enters a conference as the first participant, FreeSwitch
sends back a very noisy audio to that phone. As soon as a 2nd SIP phone
joins the same conference, the noise goes away.

The same noise is there if all conference members are muted.

I tried to disable all kinds of comfort noise (e.g. comfort-noise = -1 in
conference.conf.xml) etc., but cannot get rid of that noise.

My setup:
- FreeSwitch 1.2.10, Windows, x86 compilation.
- SIP calls with uLAW, ptime 20.
- disabled all wave files in conference.conf.xml

Any ideas, how to get rid of that noise?

Thanks,
Markus