[Freeswitch-users] origin/master's HEAD is segfaulting

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Sun Jun 23 23:42:20 MSD 2013

On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 10:39 AM, arif hossain <aftnix at live.com> wrote:

> ________________________________
> > Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 20:29:02 +0300
> > From: dvl36.ripe.nick at gmail.com
> > To: freeswitch-users at lists.freeswitch.org
> > Subject: Re: [Freeswitch-users] origin/master's HEAD is segfaulting
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Are you sure you did not forget to 'make clean'?
>
> I don't recall. I'm away from dev-machine right now so I can't check it
> now.
>
> But why should it matter?

It helps eliminate things like file cruft and build skew as possible
suspects. If you do a clean checkout and build and can still reproduce the
symptoms (i.e. the segfault) then you know it's a real issue. You'd be
surprised how many times an issue like this just magically goes away after
a fresh checkout and re-install.

-MC

--
Michael S Collins