[Freeswitch-users] m=audio 5016 RTP/AVP 96 3 107 110 0 8 101., what does it mean?

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 12:50:27 MSD 2013

Dynamic codecs are indicated by the a=rtpmap lines. Those lines may the
number used on m=audio to the description of the codec.

All static payload types *may* be overriden to another codec using a=rtpmap
lines, but usually aren't. If they're not overridden, they use the values
on the page you already found.

Note a=rtpmap lines are optional for static payload types. That does cause
problems on SIP clients that failed to read that part of the standard, so
for those set verbose_sdp=true on the channel. That then means your SDP is
larger and may give problems where packets are too large and get
fragmented, which SIP/UDP doesn't handle very well.

-Steve