[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch and session updates

Claus Andersen clan at wheel.dk
Thu Jun 20 16:49:10 MSD 2013

On Thu, 20 Jun 2013, Emrah wrote:

> None of my clients are able to update an audio session with a reinvite to include video. Is there a setting I could use to allow such updates?
> In other words: If I start an audio call, I cannot add video to it. I have to start a video call in order to have video support during the session.

Try using bypass-media-mode in internal.xml:

<param name="media-option" value="bypass-media-after-att-xfer"/>
<param name="inbound-bypass-media" value="true"/>

When you do that media negotiation is handled outside Freeswitch. That is
a good test of your clients behaviour.

Apart from that you need to put your logs into the Freeswitch Pastebin for
us to get an idea of what is happening.

Kind Regards,
Claus ANdersen