[Freeswitch-users] Sangoma D500 mod_sangoma_codec

Kristian Kielhofner kris at kriskinc.com
Tue Jun 18 22:10:19 MSD 2013

Assuming this is serious I would reconsider your numbers, resources,
and overall approach.

1000 cps results in a 6.5 second call time across 10,000 simultaneous
channels assuming 100% connect rates (which doesn't happen).  20,000
simultaneous channels would be 1000 cps with 16.5 second call times...

Or your CPS rate is absurdly high because this is dialer traffic with
very poor quality number lists.  If that's the case you won't be able
to find anyone to take this traffic from you.

Dual Sangoma octal cards per chassis results in 384 TDM (max) ports
per machine.  That's 27 machines with some crazy load balancing in
front of it.  Rough back of the envelope math shows at least $165K in
hardware expense...

OR you can try to get 10,000 ports of SIP directly from someone, but
again considering these metrics you'd be hard pressed to find anyone
(TDM or SIP) willing to accept these rates.

If this is a real project you'd be well served consulting with some of
the professionals on this list (and others) that have experience with
projects of this scale.  You can start with e-mailing
consulting at freeswitch.org.

Kristian Kielhofner