[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH crashed on signal 11

Claus Andersen clan at wheel.dk
Fri Jun 14 17:35:03 MSD 2013

> Perhaps I should create a FreeBSD specific wiki for how to install
> FreeSwitch?  The one on there now isn't very good.  Could also include
> the kernel patch...
>
> FreeSwitch works perfectly under FreeBSD and I also have it running
> under a non-root account in a production environment.

That would be highly appreciated. Even though I feel much more comfortable
with FreeBSD I have just opted to base our deployments on CentOS. If
FreeBSD had a higher visibility and it was more clear what issues to
expect on the platform we would certainly consider strongly to change
platform.

Not by any means meant as a bashing of CentOS. We just selected it as the
least likely platform to have problems with Freeswitch when FreeBSD did
not seem viable. Any move to make FreeBSD a more viable platform is for
the better.

Kind Regards,
Claus Andersen