[Freeswitch-users] FS as a REDIRECT server

adahary adahary at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 15:11:36 MSD 2013

Hi Emrah ,

1. You can use the AWS LBR with any other VPS you like - EC2 is not a must.
Actually, I'm planning to have the first FS on each region with a regular
VPS (cost effective for full month) and the 2nd FS with EC2 (I can turn
on/off per load).
2. Yes, I'm using Mysql as my centralized DB.
3. In my centralized DB I've defined a customized LOCATION table which
basically records username/FSserver pairs (and other info as well). When a
sip client REGISTER with its neareast FS (LBR), then the FS update the
centralized  LOCATION table with its fs_id and sip_id. When the sip client
disconnect from that FS (look for reg status) then the FS updates the
LOCATION as well (clear/update record).

Regards

Assaf