[Freeswitch-users] Is this kind of whisper possible?

Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd] cal.leeming at simplicitymedialtd.co.uk
Mon Jun 10 20:15:11 MSD 2013

This would be pretty damn awesome, I've always been a fan of PTT and having
this somehow mixed into your SIP handset would be cool.. having this hooked
up to an external controller would be an awesome hack project.

You could even do it in software, a little desktop app for controlling your
phone / open channel with a PTT button for intercom.

Going back to your original question, the technical implementation, I'm not
completely sure how this would be done. I'm wondering if you could use ESL
to take over a channel temporarily.. perhaps you could place the call
temporarily into parking, connect the bridge to an application which
records the audio, then pulls the call from parking and re-bridges..
perhaps using a remote initiated series of transfers. (there might be a
more elegant way.. or maybe Anthony could write a small patch that
introduces this in a cleaner way).

If it's not currently possible, I'd still +1 purely on the awesomeness.

Cal