[Freeswitch-users] What's the best language for implementing an IVR on Freeswitch

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 07:50:11 MSD 2013

Guys,

Cross posted to your github

Its unlikely that the ESL server would stop sending events that have
already been subscribed unless maybe a filter was placed on it or the
events were unsubscribed.

This is not very difficult to test.
>From another shell, use fs_cli to get into the cli, then issue a similar
events command from there e.g.
/events channel_originate channel_hangup heartbeat
Just use whatever events....

Many implementations of client side ESL experience issues where they do not
properly cache any events read between the sending of an event and getting
the reply, those need to be saved and parsed afterwards.

You can easily monitor the traffic on the wire with ngrep

ngrep -d any -W byline tcp and port 8021

change any to lo or eth0 etc if desired and adjust the port as needed.

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 10:13 AM, Ben Langfeld <ben at langfeld.co.uk> wrote:

> Terry,
>
> You place blame on the client implementation, but I've already expressed
> to you that my feeling is that this is a FS bug. Do you have a reference to
> your FS JIRA that I may look at to ascertain what the FS team think?
>
> https://github.com/adhearsion/adhearsion/issues/311
>
> Regards,
> Ben Langfeld
>

> On 6 June 2013 11:37, Terry Ray <terryjray at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> While I've been very pleased with the stability and performance of
>> FreeSWITCH itself, I'm having to scrap the Ruby implementation I was using
>> to drive the call menu functionality for the IVR due to it's inability to
>> maintain connectivity with FS via the inbound event socket.
>>
>> Would love some suggestions on the best approach. Lua? or some other
>> approach?
>>
>> Mainly I'm looking for something that will be very stable at higher call
>> volumes.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Terry

>> consulting at freeswitch.org