[Freeswitch-users] Fwd: Originating a call between an user and mod_httapi-based IVR service - passing some correlation ID

Rafal Gwizdala rafal.gwizdala at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 23:18:55 MSD 2013

Hi, i'm just beginning to learn FreeSwitch and have a quick question to you
I want to implement an automated IVR-like service that will be used for
calling selected customers and performing a survey/collecting some data
from them.
I decided to use mod_httapi for handling the calls, but since my
application will be calling the customers I need to initiate the call too.
I'd like to do that using an inbound event socket, by sending 'originate'
command.
And my questions are:
1. Is this a correct approach, or maybe there's a better method of
initiating such call?
2. How to pass some correlation id when originating the call so that it
would be delivered back to my application with mod_httapi request? I just
need to correlate the initiation of the call with the call handler code
that will be invoked later.

Thanks and best regards
Rafal