[Freeswitch-users] new dns lookup on retransmission

Chris Martineau chris at ghosttelecom.com
Mon Jun 3 18:54:45 MSD 2013

Hi,

Could someone please confirm if doing a new dns lookup on a retransmission is expected behaviour or a bug?

If I retransmit to a dns-srv sip server I occasionally pick up a different resolved address to the initial transmission. This doesn't necessarily break the call but does make the stats messy as you get failed calls from the abandoned old address that is still sending back responses.

Is this expected or is there a setting that alleviates this?

Thanks

Chris