[Freeswitch-users] Is there a way to call sofia_contact from chatplan lua script

James Lotery jlotery at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 19:22:56 MSD 2013

Hello, I'm trying to detect if a user is online within a lua script called
from a chatplan.

>From what I've read I should use sofia_contact in the chatplan, save the
output in a custom channel variable and read the variable in my lua script.
However as there is no session object active i don't see an easy way to
read my custom channel variable from within my lua script.

How would you more experienced folks out there do this? I just want to know
if the user is offline, so that I can send the message via other means if
they are etc.

Thanks in advance

James