[Freeswitch-users] call-id or from variable?

Paul pasha at prosperity4ever.com
Sat Jul 27 01:00:31 MSD 2013

Hi guys,

I'm sure this is an easy one for an experienced freeswitch user.

I have the following scenario for outgoing calls:

FS-Box2 --> FS-Box1 --> SIP Provider

Currently my call ID is always set to the username/pilot # of the
gateway parameter on the FS-Box1 which sets up the trunk to the sip
provider.

Question is, how do I pass the proper call-id number that's set on
FS-Box2 through Box 1 and then out to the world?

I have FS-Box2 registering to FS-Box1 as a user (in
conf/directory/default/DIDNUM) in there I have tried to set:

<param name="from-user" value="DID_NUM"/> (not literally DID_NUM)
variable name="effective_caller_id_name"
"effective_caller_id_number"
"outbound_caller_id_name"
"outbound_caller_id_number"

even tried "outbound_from" value="DID_NUM"

no success :) if anyone can see my folly I would be appreciative!

Thanks

Paul