[Freeswitch-users] skypopen Skype Desktop API retired

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 20:31:12 MSD 2013

On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 3:38 PM, Arsen <arsen.semionov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Skype announced that they will shut down the App Directory in September
> 2013,  in addition, any chat functionality that uses the Desktop API will
> also stop working by that date.
>
> Full support for the Desktop API will stop at the end of 2013.
>
> I am wondering how it will affect mod_skypopen (which uses skype api to
> interact with client).
>
> Giovanni, is it possible that mod_skypopen will stop working after the API
> will be removed completely?

This is a link to the news:
http://gigaom.com/2013/07/13/skype-says-it-will-kill-desktop-api-by-end-of-2013/

I believe, but I'm by no means certain (obviously), that the skype
clients that are currently used with mod_skypopen (particularly on
Linux) will continue to work as before.

Those clients (version 2.0.72) were made before M$ had a chance to
install a "remote controlled API self-destruction" in them.

We'll see...

-giovanni

--
Sincerely,