[Freeswitch-users] freeTDM config

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Sat Jul 20 01:19:43 MSD 2013

I figured this out - but many others would have given up..

I needed to answer incoming calls on a FXO port.

 From the wiki page http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FreeTDM

There are several places where there is a data="freetdm/1/1/${destination_number} bit, but I'm not
understanding the syntax of /1/1/ bit means?

I think it is supposed to mean freetdm/span#/port#/

What makes the span# what it is ( the order in freetdm.conf or the name of the span?  )

The port number corresponds to the defined channel number? (if so why two names? )

At a different place in the wiki there is

expression="FreeTDM/1/[34]"

This time there is a different capitalization for the word freetdm (with meaning?)- and the square
brackets might mean the port number applies only to this leg?

I did get it working with this extension:

   <extension name="fxo3">
     <!--      <condition field="destination_number" expression="^.+$">  -->
       <condition field="chan_name" expression="FreeTDM/2:1/" >
	<!--	<action application="set" data="destination_number=11" />  -->
       <action application="set" data="domain_name=$${domain}"/>
        <action application="transfer" data="11 XML default" />
     </condition>
   </extension>

I'm guessing that the 2:1 means the second span in freetdm.conf and the first extension of that
span? (Now that is rather cryptic - even for this aging assembly programmer )

There is nothing like that on the wiki page - What in the world am I missing?

BTW I would think that the way this SHOULD work would be as in:
data="freetdm/FXO/3/${destination_number}

freetdm.conf - spans :
;Digium, Inc. Wildcard AEX410 4-port analog card (PCI-Express)
[span zt FXS]
trunk_type => FXS
fxs-channel => 1
fxs-channel => 2
[span zt FXO]
trunk_type => FXO
fxo-channel => 3
fxo-channel => 4

Give me some clear answers and I can write this up for others.

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB http://secure.transtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434

If one rejects laissez faire on account of mans fallibility and moral weakness,
  one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.
Ludwig von Mises