[Freeswitch-users] IP Phone w/ Broken G722 codec

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 12:19:19 MSD 2013

mod_spandsp provides a number of codecs, including G722. Just check this is
set on your sofia profile's inbound/outbound codec lists. Usually that's
done in global_codec_prefs and outbound_codec_prefs in vars.xml. sofia
status profile <name> will confirm that is in place. That's the default in
the vanilla configuration though, so I suspect you've already tried that.

Can you copy and paste the entire SDP? If the phone is indeed sending the
codec name as G722:9 not G722 that'll stop the codec recognising that they
are the same codec. The
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Sofia.conf.xml#NDLB-allow-bad-iananame option
exists to support a similar problem with G729 on some phones, perhaps it
could be patched to support the bad G722 name too.

-Steve