[Freeswitch-users] Postgres in the Core

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 19:48:15 MSK 2013

Try to shift your mentality so you try to get patches to make it into
releases more importantly than into HEAD.  If the patch still compiles then
its not a big deal if its not in yet as long as it cleanly applies and
makes it in before a tag.

We are separating the release structure to build multiple channels.   This
is not easy.  If we don't do it people will get mad that we have no stable
channel.  If we do it, people get mad we are too slow to add their patches.
 Unfortunately someone will always be mad.  Even George Lucas gets yelled
at for not making Star Wars right.  Sadly I must make decisions that are
not 100% favorable but your patch is a welcomed addition since we clearly
missed it when we changed all the other modules.  Going forward think of it
terms of seasons.  We will have release season where we slow down and make
sure the code is stable and we will have development season when we change
everything.  1.5 is coming out soon as the HEAD for 1.4.   Then we can look
at some more patches that have been lingering.

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 10:35 AM, Vik Killa <vipkilla at gmail.com> wrote:

> I apologize for my negative tone. It's just a bit frustrating having
> patches sit there for months. I understand you are busy and I don't expect
> you to go over the code right away. It would be nice if there was someone
> with more time and commit powers that could review some patches.
>

> On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 11:23 AM, Anthony Minessale <
> anthony.minessale at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Ignored is not really a very positive sentiment....
>>
>> We have a lot to deal with. So if there is a patch of this nature that is
>> not committed yet, its just a matter of finding time to go over them.
>>  Please do not generate negative connotations.
>>
>> Its in tree now and I would appreciate some understanding in the future.

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/