[Freeswitch-users] DID providers - any thoughts? (jan 2013)

Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd] cal.leeming at simplicitymedialtd.co.uk
Wed Jan 30 15:59:28 MSK 2013

Wow, thank you everyone for all the feedback so far, this really gives a
lot of food for thought. Here's a few more comments;

Gamma/GBC - We approached Gamma previously (both GBC and Gamma), but their
OUTBOUND prices were extremely high and we never got into discussions about
inbound only.. their inter-op testing was also quite lengthy and expensive.
Although they are not as expensive as BT, I'd say they fit in the same
realm as VM and COLT, high costs and complex inter-op, though I can't
comment directly. I'd love to go direct with one of the big players, but
sadly the upfront costs and inter-op complexity is too much.. maybe when we
grow :)

Magrathea - Ah yes.. UK numbers only, their initial prices are a little
higher than Simwood (at a minimum charge of £100 and 50p/number), but hands
down beats BT for pricing and simplicity. Their channel concurrency limits
are fair, and the on-going prices after the minimum charge are very
reasonable. Highly reputable company and not heard a single bad thing about
them so far. They might not be as big as BT, but the name has just as
reputable. Certainly worth a look for sure.

DIDWW - Any else able to offer some reviews on this company  - specifically
relating to US inbound?? I've heard some bad things about their service
quality and support. Avi - could you elaborate more on your experiences
with them?

Flowroute - Any else able to offer some reviews on this company -
specifically relating to US inbound??

VoipFone / SureVoip / Andrews & Arnold / SipGate - both more suited for
b2b, and not carrier grade services - plus I haven't heard great things
about either.. might be fine if you have one or two non important numbers,
but like Andrew said, not for large volume.

So far, out of all these providers, the two UK DID providers that stand out
the most for me are Magrathea and Simwood.

However, I'm still yet to find a US DID provider with a similar
reputation.. any additional feedback on US DID providers would be much
appreciated.

Thanks

Cal