[Freeswitch-users] fs_encode and segmentation fault

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Tue Jan 29 19:18:25 MSK 2013

1.X.... Where X is even that¹s a stable branch, where X is odd that¹s a dev
branch, currently those are 1.2 and 1.3  ....

Œgit status¹ will also show you from your source tree checked out from git
which branch you are on...

To change between the branches you do the following (from your source tree,
adjusting paths for your install as required, I will assume you have
installed into /usr/local/freeswitch)

# cd /usr/src/freeswitch   ;#(or wherever that source is)
# git clean ­fdx
# rm ­rf /usr/local/freeswich/{mod,bin,lib}/*  ;#Adjust path if needed
# git checkout BRANCH    ;# where branch name is v1.2.stable or master
# git pull   ;#make sure you are up to date on this branch

Now starting at bootstrap.sh install as normal, this will not overwrite your
configs, and yes it is necessary to start over clean, if you do not it is
possible that there are patches in the libs that are not picked up and
recompliled leaving you with branch to branch build skew which will result
in all sorts of weird behavior.

Also please be sure that any bugs you file are against the master branch as
they will get fixed there first then rolled down to the stable branch.

--
Ken
http://www.FreeSWITCH.org