[Freeswitch-users] unexplained RAM usage increase

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Tue Jan 29 06:59:25 MSK 2013

I just updated from repo.profhost.eu.  The most recent timestamp on the
packages was 2013-01-28 03:41:21 GMT.  Same behavior.  At 5 minutes it was
using 12.5% RAM.  At 40 minutes, 60.4%.  After disconnecting the calls the
usage returned to 8.5%.

I started toggling config items to see if I could impact this.  I found one
that seems to have an effect:  rtp-timer-name in the sofia profile config.
 By changing it from 'soft' to 'none', the CPU utilization with 30 calls
dropped from ~70% to ~46%, and the RAM usage is rock solid at 5.8%.

That's great, but does it make any sense?

Does an rtp-timer-name of 'none' pose any risks?

- Jeff