[Freeswitch-users] FAX problems

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Fri Jan 25 19:15:15 MSK 2013

On 01/25/2013 09:23 AM, Steven Schoch wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 9:19 AM, Michael Collins <msc at freeswitch.org
> <mailto:msc at freeswitch.org>> wrote:
>
>     I find it interesting that the ZRTP engine threw a warning. Do you
>     see any ZRTP messages on the Linux log where the fax actually worked?
>

> No, it just worked, with none of those messages.  The Linux log is here:
> http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/20501
> The Windows log is here:
> http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/20500
>
> As usual, everything is working just fine on Linux.  As soon as it
> touches Microsoft, it breaks.
>
> On Linux, setting "total-modems" to 2 produced /dev/FS0 and /dev/FS1.
> On Windows,  I don't see any additional COM ports.
Your previous messages indicate that you are use txfax, so why are you
configuring FAX modems?

If you really want FAX modems, because you are trying to work with
HylaFAX, Windows FAX, or some other FAX server which talks to FAX
modems, the setup is a little different between Linux and Windows.
Windows doesn't have a direct equivalent to a Linux PTY, so you need to
install com0com, which gives you some back-to-back virtual com ports.
The details for that are in the wiki.

Steve