[Freeswitch-users] building mod_opal and v1.2stable

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 20:16:22 MSK 2013

Run:
find / -name local.h

It's failing to include opal/local.h. All the other errors are because its missing the definitions in that file.

Normally I would say to instal the -devel package, but since you built from svn that doesn't apply. Perhaps it's not installed or installed to the wrong place. The find command will tell us where that file is.

Steve on iPhone

On 22 Jan 2013, at 16:07, Anton Rostotskiy <rostotskiy.a at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> The wiki page states you have to install ptlib and opal from svn - this is why.
>> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_opal
>>
>> Of course that can then cause conflicts unless you package it yourself or install a dummy package, or problems with other libraries/apps that are built against the libopal that's already packaged.
>>
>> Ptlib and h323plus/opal are also notorious for having to get matching versions. If you don't pair exactly the right version of ptlib with the specific version of h323plus/opal you can get instability problems. So the official Debian ptlib package probably wouldn't be good with opal from svn...
>>
>> As for mod_h323, it does compile and work, at least on Wheezy and possibly Squeeze too. I've never had any luck getting mod_opal working but have got mod_h323 working. I don't actively use it though - all my traffic is currently SIP.
>>
>> Another option is to run Yate as a SIP->H323 proxy. It only handles the signalling, media still goes directly caller->FS. It worked quite well, although it would occasionally crash - but at least that only dropped the H323 calls and didn't take FS down with it, and Yate automatically restarted. That was on Lenny so a long time ago...
>>
>> Steve on iPhone
>>

>> On 17 Jan 2013, at 20:54, "Gilbert Amar" <gamar at center.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am trying to build mod_opal in FS v1.2stable, using ptlib 2.10.7 and opal
>>> 3.10.7 on a debian
>>> Ptlib and opal get build with no error, but when trying mod_opal I get
>>>
>>> Compiling
>>> /usr/local/src/freeswitch/src/mod/endpoints/mod_opal/mod_opal.cpp...
>>> quiet_libtool: compile:  g++ -g -ggdb
>>> -I/usr/local/src/freeswitch/libs/curl/include
>>> -I/usr/local/src/freeswitch/src/include
>>> -I/usr/local/src/freeswitch/src/include
>>> -I/usr/local/src/freeswitch/libs/libteletone/src
>>> -I/usr/local/src/freeswitch/libs/stfu -fPIC -fvisibility=hidden
>>> -DSWITCH_API_VISIBILITY=1 -DHAVE_VISIBILITY=1 -g -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE -DP_64BIT
>>> -DPTRACING=1 -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -fno-exceptions
>>> -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/opal -I/usr/include/SDL
>>> -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -c
>>> /usr/local/src/freeswitch/src/mod/endpoints/mod_opal/mod_opal.cpp  -fPIC
>>> -DPIC -o .libs/mod_opal.o
>>> /usr/local/src/freeswitch/src/mod/endpoints/mod_opal/mod_opal.cpp: In member
>>> function 'switch_status_t FSConnection::read_frame(const OpalMediaType&,
>>> switch_frame_t**, switch_io_flag_t)':
>>> /usr/local/src/freeswitch/src/mod/endpoints/mod_opal/mod_opal.cpp:1208:
>>> error: 'class OpalCall' has no member named 'IsSwitchingT38'
>>> /usr/local/src/freeswitch/src/mod/endpoints/mod_opal/mod_opal.cpp: In member
>>> function 'switch_status_t FSConnection::write_frame(const OpalMediaType&,
>>> const switch_frame_t*, switch_io_flag_t)':
>>> /usr/local/src/freeswitch/src/mod/endpoints/mod_opal/mod_opal.cpp:1225:
>>> error: 'class OpalCall' has no member named 'IsSwitchingT38'
>>> make[2]: *** [install] Error 1

>>> http://wiki.freeswitch.org