[Freeswitch-users] Echo present.

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Jan 21 21:44:17 MSK 2013

Echo should be removed at the endpoints, not in the middle of the stream.
In most cases, if you hear echo then the other end's echo canceller is not
working, and vice versa. One thing you can do is tcpdump or pcapsipdump the
traffic coming in on the wire and listen to the audio in Wireshark's player
tool. (If the codec is PCMU or PCMA.) If the echo you hear is in the RTP
stream that comes in on the wire then you know the echo can on the far end
is not working very well.

-MC

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 10:36 AM, Mimiko <vbvbrj at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 21.01.2013 09:56, Dmitry Lysenko wrote:
> > The problem with other side phone or PSTN gateway.
> > Different delays in voice path, so in one case AEC algo work well, but
> > not for another.
> > WBR.
>
> I made calls to different types of networks: PSTN, VoIP, GSM. About 50%
> I hear echo. Including calling to same number consequently, echo ay be
> present or not.
>
> --
> Mimiko desu.

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org