[Freeswitch-users] SBC In-band DTMF

Richard Brady rnbrady at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 05:34:06 MSK 2013

> Tried the settings you suggested (strip down FS and just proxy the media)
> - however we still can't get the PBX's on the inside of the SBC to detect
> inband, very strange - if we record the call or tcpdump the RTP and play it
> back in wireshark the DTMF tones are present.

The fact you can't get this working means something strange is happening.
Personally I wouldn't trust this environment enough to start playing with
things like DTMF transcoding.

Did you verify in the capture that you are not advertising RFC2833 to the
PBX? Very hard to diagnose without full traces but appreciate you can't
share these on the interwebs.

Richard