[Freeswitch-users] Kernel Hyperthreading ON or OFF?

Raimund Sacherer raimund.sacherer at logitravel.com
Wed Jan 16 18:10:06 MSK 2013

Hi,

we have a new Freeswitch cluster with Dell R410. It has 2 CPUs (Xeon E5620, QuadCore. it's 8 cores withouth HT and 16 cores with HT. I googled with hyperthreading and freeswitch but some say turn it on it will give you a boost, others say turn it off, you will gain performance.

Does anyone know if it's better to leave it on or turn it off? And some small explanation? I would be very gratefull for your help,

best regards
Raimund