[Freeswitch-users] Temporarily stop/start Freeswitch 200OKs on OPTIONS Ping?

Marcin Gozdalik gozdal at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 22:15:47 MSK 2013

2013/1/15 Adelia C. <hexade at hotmail.com>

> Is there a way to do this? I found some old Q&As on this forum that reject this as non-spec compliant (I agree) BUT ... I need to disable 200OKs short period of time.
>
> This is my use case:
>
> I want to stop new traffic to specific Freeswitch servers (drain them) previous to a new deploy. There are reasons for deploying this way (as opposed to just dropping the new code in) which I will not explain here. For now, I need to do it this way.
>
> I don't control the SBC so the easiest way is to stop replying to OPTIONS on the FS servers to go out of commission. The SBC will stop forwarding new calls while handling those in progress.

I believe you are looking for sip-options-respond-503-on-busy:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Sofia_Configuration_Files#sip-options-respond-503-on-busy:

"Setting this param to true is especially useful if you're using a
proxy such as OpenSIPS or Kamailio with dispatcher module to probe
your FreeSWITCH servers by sending SIP OPTIONS. "

Best regards