[Freeswitch-users] FAX problems

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Jan 15 04:12:19 MSK 2013

What does the FS log say? You should have some mod_spandsp log lines in
there that mention what's going on with the fax attempt. Also, are you
routing the call to the txfax app? Just curious how the fax call gets
connected in the first place.

-MC

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 4:23 PM, Steven Schoch <
schoch+freeswitch.org at xwin32.com> wrote:

> Thank you guys, I just sorted out the multiple sofia profiles and have FS
> accepting SIP registrations on our LAN.  I plugged a phone into the LAN and
> it works.
>
> Now I'm trying to get this VoIP Plug-In for Microsoft Fax to work, that I
> downloaded from www.faxback.com.  I configured it with a directory number
> I created, the dialplan seems to work, but it fails when sending the test
> FAX.
>
> The FAX number I'm calling is a POTS line connected to a Fax modem, which
> is answered by Hylafax.  This works and is used everyday.  The faxback
> software is installed on a Windows 7 machine, and configured by putting in
> a proxy address of 192.168.1.17, a username and password, and address of
> user at domain.
>
> The test call rings the fax modem, it answers, but then after some
> handshaking, it hangs up and the window says the call was hung up.
>
> Hylafax says:  "No answer (T.30 T1 timeout)"
>
> --
> Steve

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

Michael S Collins