[Freeswitch-users] Is Asterisk snappier than FreeSWITCH to set up calls?

Emrah lists at kavun.ch
Tue Jan 15 02:49:21 MSK 2013

Ever since I converted to FS, I consistently felt a little delay in setting up my calls. I thought it was just me being too picky or that the roundtrip required for the digest auth was the cause…
Since I now learned that Digest is also required by Asterisk, I am out of ideas…

I tested both SIP servers in parallel and captured a trace.
On my Asterisk, the extension 114 dials an IAX peer. The kind of thing that should add more delay…
On my FS box, it's milliwatt, executed immediately.

Asterisk: http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/20445
FS: http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/20444

Why is Asterisk snappier?

I set all log levels to 0 on my FS box…